New Yorkers! Are you itching to get more involved with your local abortion fund? Do you have experience writing and securing grants? We want YOU to join the NYAAF board as our Institutional Fundraiser! Responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing institutional fundraising strategy
- Drafting and submitting Letters of Inquiry and Proposals
- Researching prospective foundation supporters
- Tracking foundation donor response, reporting requirements, and deadlines
- Preparing narrative and financial reports
- Attending monthly board meetings on the third Monday of every month
- Serving on an intake shift on our hotline once every three months
- Participating on other committees and completing projects as needed
- Experience with writing grants and proposals
- Ability to conceptualize and create an institutional fundraising strategy
- Familiarity with New York foundation funding landscape
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
General board responsibilities include attendance at monthly meetings on the third Monday of every month, and an intake shift on our hotline once every three months.
NYAAF is committed to seeking a diverse group of candidates, including young folks, people of color, gender non-conforming and queer folks. We are an all-volunteer, board-run grassroots organization.
Interested? Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a board application! Applications are due July 20.