(and if it’s not yet, it WILL be!)
As the Bowl-a-thon season comes into full swing, we wanted to talk to you a little bit about personalizing your fundraiser page. The more engaging your page is, the more people will be enticed to support. And luckily, it’s VERY easy to customize your page!
Here are some starters to help inspire your page’s amazingness:
- Start by checking out the landing page where you log in. Simply log in to the Bowl-a-thon site and check out the menu on the left & theCustomize Your Page options in front of you. You can edit your page message, change your goal, add photos, and more!
- If you need more help, there’s also this handy guide created by the National Network of Abortion Funds that goes over the basics of embedding images, animated GIFs, videos, etc. onto your page.
- Get some inspiration from NNAF’s “Bowl-a-thon Page of the Week” blog series or by simply clicking around the Bowl-a-thon homepage and perusing the pages of other teams/bowlers.
- Find some imagery to use on your page! Some examples:
- A selfie of you with a sign saying why you support abortion funds (check out Lauren Rankin’s “I Fund Abortions” Tumblr for examples!)
- A series of animated GIFs telling a compelling AND hilarious story (may we suggest giphy.com as a good GIF search engine?)
- Custom memes via memegenerator.net (examples above created by Katie of the High Roellers!)
More than anything, make your page a reflection of yourself. People that may pledge to you are interested in knowing WHY this work is so important to you. Get creative in the ways you express this! Your page is your canvas!
As always, please reach out to us if you have any questions and happy funding!
NYAAF Bowl-a-thon Coordinator
P.S. You can find our Bowl-a-thon FAQ here.
P.P.S. NYAAF is looking for three amazing people to join our Board of Directors. Find out more info here & let us know if you’re interested!