***UPDATED APPLICATION DEADLINE: JUNE 15TH***
Call for NYAAF Board of Directors: Fundraising Events Manager and Development Manager
Exciting news! The New York Abortion Access Fund (NYAAF) seeks two new Members for its Board of Directors. NYAAF’s Board Members are all volunteers operating together as a collective. The Board is responsible for all areas of NYAAF’s development, operations, and compliance.
NYAAF believes every individual should be able to determine their own reproductive destiny and have access to the resources, rights, and the respect to be able to do so. NYAAF’s mission is rooted in this belief: We support anyone who is unable to pay fully for an abortion and is living in or traveling to New York State by providing financial assistance and connections to other resources. NYAAF strives to conduct our work as part of the greater reproductive justice movement ensuring the full rights of all people, especially those who have traditionally struggled to access reproductive healthcare, including low-income people, people of color, immigrants, and LGBT and gender nonconforming people.
The Board’s operations primarily consist of working directly with callers to pledge funds toward the cost of their abortion, fundraising, and managing our growing organization’s development.
BOARD MEMBER QUALIFICATIONS
Generally, we seek Board Members who can contribute to our Board with skills, passion, and dedication to NYAAF’s mission. Consider addressing any of the following as you shape your application:
- We seek vision and leadership (and leadership potential!).
- We seek diversity in identity, perspective, and experience, including diversity in ethnicity, race, age, economic status, educational experience, status as a parent, ability, sexuality, gender identity, national origin, religious perspective, professional and career experience, and experience in accessing healthcare.
- We strongly encourage women of color, trans and gender nonconforming people, and those who have experienced difficulty accessing necessary healthcare to apply.
- We strongly encourage people who have had an abortion or have experience with abortion services to apply.
- A two-year commitment to serving as a Board Member is encouraged.
We seek to build our fundraising and intake teams and fill the following positions:
Fundraising Events Manager:
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Set up online donation pages for fundraising events
- Lead the coordination of fundraising events such as Bowl-a-Thon and NYAAF’s annual fundraising gala to establish and cultivate donor relationships, with the support of a planning committee, board members, and volunteers
- Generate ideas for new major donor or institutional events
- Organize volunteer-hosted fundraising events, including the development and implementation of home-hosting kits for individuals interested in hosting a NYAAF fundraiser
- Plan out a calendar of yearly fundraising events in conjunction with the fundraising team (including the Fundraising Committee)
- Coordinate external fundraising events
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Work with Intake Co-Manager to ensure that Intake lines are staffed with four volunteers weekly and and the Board of Directors is equipped with the knowledge needed to make informed approvals for over-budget requests on the hotline
- Lead Intake Committee (comprised of board members and experienced case managers) to collaboratively move projects forward that support our work on the hotline and maintain a pipeline of informed and engaged volunteer case managers
- Coordinate 1-2 annual case manager appreciation events
- Maintain and update intake guidelines and policies
- Update Salesforce clinic records and other funding resources used by case managers and our Intake Support team
- Coordinate with Intake Co-Manager on 2-3 case manager trainings per year, and organize supplemental case manager continuing education events
- Serve as point-person for case manager-board communications
Please fill out our application and upload your resume via Google Forms.
We will be in touch with strong applicants for a casual interview and to discuss what serving on the Board might look like for you. We view this as a two-way process. Not only do we hope to find applicants who contribute to our needs, values, and mission, but we hope to be a good fit for your goals as a member of our Board of Directors.
We will be accepting applications through June 15th! To ensure time for careful review of all applications, please expect to hear from us with a final decision by July 15, 2018.
Please direct any questions to email@example.com. To receive a response, inquiries must have “Inquiry: Call for Board Members” in the subject line.