WE DID IT! Over the last few months, 310 stupendous bowlers surpassed all our expectations and raised more than $137,000 — which sets a new record for NYAAF and the National Network of Abortion Funds! We’d like to extend our most heartfelt THANKS to all of you who fundraised your hearts out these past weeks and brought all that awesome reproductive justice spirit to the NYAAF Bowl-a-thon on Sunday. We had a great time, and hope you did too!
We’d also like to congratulate The Pills for being the top fundraising team, having brought in more than $17,000 in donations! Some lovely NYAAF canvas tote bags await them. Finally, we want to extend our warmest thanks to bowler and longtime NYAAF supporter Barbara Kass, who was the top individual fundraiser and who had the most unique donations for the 2016 Bowl-a-thon. We’re thrilled to award Barbara with 4 Super Vouchers to the American Museum of Natural History here in NYC.
Final Notes for Bowlers:
- Don’t forget to thank your donors! We’d love their support in years to come, so send those thank you notes and emails!
- The Bowl-a-thon site stays live through the end of April, so follow up with those stragglers who promised donations but didn’t get to it yet!
- Treat yourself to something amazing for doing such great work for abortion access!
- PIX! Do you have awesome photos of you and your team? We’d love to see your best Bowl-a-thon pictures — feel free to tag us on Instagram (@nyaafund),Twitter (@NYAAF), or Facebook (New York Abortion Access Fund), and use the hashtags #NYAAFbowl16 and #bowl16.
- If you won a raffle prize but did not claim it on Sunday, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get your prize to you!
We can’t thank you enough for being such FIERCE, FUN, and PHENOMENAL advocates for safe abortion access. We’re already looking forward to bowling with you again next year!
SPECIAL THANKS go to the volunteers on our Planning Committee: Dory, Jessica, Julia, Maureen, Sonia, Nicole, Michelle, and Sara. Your hard work on this event was INDISPENSABLE. Thank you so much.
The NYAAF Board Of Directors