New Yorkers! Are you itching to get more involved with your local abortion fund? Do you have great event organizing skills? Or perhaps experience writing and securing grants? Maybe you’ve got amazing fundrasing skills that you’re looking to put to a good cause. We want YOU to join the NYAAF board! We currently have three board positions open and would love for you to join us!
- Developing and implementing institutional fundraising strategy
- Drafting and submitting Letters of Inquiry and Proposal
- Researching prospective foundation supporters
- Tracking foundation donor response, reporting requirements, and deadlines
- Preparing narrative and financial reports
- Participating on other committees and completing projects as needed
- Experience with writing grants and proposals
- Ability to conceptualize and create an institutional fundraising strategy
- Familiarity with New York foundation funding landscape
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
Events Coordinator: Community Organizing and Grassroots Events
- Develop community fundraising involvement, specifically college-based, local, and upstate fundraising development.
- Organize volunteer-hosted events, including the development and implementation of home-hosting kits for individuals interested in hosting a NYAAF fundraiser.
- Generate ideas for new events targeting the growth of the volunteer base and work with
volunteers to implement those ideas.
- Promptly report on events to the rest of the board (costs, funds raised, new donor lists, etc.).
- Assist the Events Coordinator: Major Donors and Institutional Events with annual major donor events (e.g. Bowlathon and Celebrate Access Awards) as needed.
- Participate on the Fundraising Committee.
- Plan yearly events calendar in conjunction with Fundraising Committee and the Events Coordinator: Major Donors and Institutional Events
External event coordination
- Work with anyone who approaches NYAAF offering to host an event (e.g. a play, book signing, concert, etc.)
- Determine whether the event is an appropriate fit for NYAAF
- Ensure NYAAF board representation at events as appropriate
- Coordinate/delegate to-do lists and duties with volunteer or host (venue, invites, staffing, etc.)
- Coordinate the pick up of the organizations mail and distribute mail to other board members
- Draft and distribute acknowledgement letters in a timely manner
- Make thank you calls
- Work with event planner(s) to discuss and plan opportunities/events to establish and cultivate donor relationships
- Assist in annual report assembly and production
- Manage and update donor database (NGP VAN)
- Work with co-chairs to cultivate major donors and develop individual giving campaigns
- Generate contribution reports as needed
- Maintain online giving account (NY Charities)
- Set up online donation pages for events
- Provide support for all mailings
General board responsibilities include attendance at monthly meetings on the third Monday of every month, and an intake shift on our hotline once every three months.
NYAAF is committed to seeking a diverse group of candidates, including young people, people of color, and gender non-conforming and queer folks. We are an all-volunteer, board-run grassroots organization.
Interested? Have questions? Email info[at]nyaaf[dot]org for a board application! Applications are due April 1st, 2014.